Many people today suffer from numerous dental issues. Some have missing a tooth while some have discolored or misaligned teeth. People who have such conditions often cannot smile with confidence. To solve these problems, you’ll need a certified cosmetic dentist. In New York, people get services from these professionals to achieve better-looking smiles.
What is a cosmetic dentist?
A cosmetic dentist is a professional who treats patients with dental issues. They concentrate on the use of porcelain veneers, bridges, and dental implants. They also offer other solutions including teeth whitening, restorative and bonding procedures.
When you’re living in New York, it’s easy to find a qualified a cosmetic dentist. New York dental offices provide excellent services. Here are some of their common services.
– Dental Implants – Implants work as effective alternatives to usual dentures. These are placed in the jawbone to serve as metallic roots of the teeth. All-on-for and mini implants are among the most popular types.
– Teeth Whitening – This procedure helps people who have stained or discolored teeth. Laser whitening is one option. It involves the use of bright light to whiten the teeth. Bleaching, on the other hand, utilizes a particular amount of peroxide to make the teeth whiter and shinier.
– Invisalign Braces – This is a remedy for people that have misaligned teeth. It involves the use of braces to help obtain proper teeth alignment. Unlike metal braces, these are clear and almost invisible. You can wear them easily and comfortably. This procedure requires several replacements to have desired results.
Apart from missing, discolored, and misaligned teeth, sudden oral pain and bleeding are also common dental issues. These situations normally come unexpectedly and could need immediate dental assistance.
What’s emergency dental care?
In case of dental emergencies, you can also find New York dental clinics supplying urgent dental care. Damaged tooth, oral pain, and bleeding are conditions that require immediate attention from professionals. Whenever these issues arise, you need to know what to do and where to go. It’s possible you’ll take it lightly but these could get worse if not resolved with proper care.
With this in mind, you should be ready to address these issues. The first thing to do is search for dental care providers in your area. But how would you find a good one?
Be aware that emergencies call for immediate action. Knowing this, it’s essential to find a dental office within your neighborhood. To make sure that you’ll get professional service, seek the help of the New York State Dental Association. They will provide you with a list of dental professionals within your area. That way, you could be confident that you will receive treatment from accredited practitioners in no time.
Certain herbs and spices promote the growth of muscles through increasing the body’s testosterone levels and improving the body’s stress response. Including these healthy flavorants to your daily diet not only helps you maintain a fitter body, but also contributes to achieving other health goals such as prevention of diseases, faster recovery, increased stamina, improved bodily functions and many more!
If you’re looking to increase your muscle mass, here are 5 herbs and spices you should consume:
The herb ginseng is very ideal for gym buffs and body builders because it helps the body adapt to physical stress through supporting muscle synthesis. Like all adaptogen herbs, ginseng helps the body cope with the strain of regular exercise without affecting appetite, mood and sleep. According to the National Institutes of Health, ginseng helps boost energy levels, promote heart health and improve one’s sense of well-being.
Flax seed is another herb that greatly contributes to building muscle. It is an excellent source of protein, containing approximately 25 to 30 grams of protein per 100 grams. Flax seed is also packed with vitamins, minerals and nutrients including the essential fatty acid called alpha linolenic acid which is known to increase insulin sensitivity in muscles. Regular consumption of flax seed will give body builders improved oxygen utilization, enhanced energy levels and faster body recovery.
Also referred to as golden root or rose root, this powerful herb is known for stimulating anabolic activity as well as muscle protein synthesis. It is an ideal herb to take for post-workout routines because it contains enzymes and proteins that are essential to muscle recovery.
This super spice is known for providing the body with a long list of health benefits. It contains the compound piperine which has been used since the ancient times to relieve joint and muscle pain as well as fatigue. Aside from its powerful healing properties, black pepper also improves the body’s ability to absorb essential nutrients from the food we consume.
Another notable spice when it comes to building muscle is ginger. This common household ingredient is packed with gingerols which has been found to effectively soothe aching muscles and to increase its recovery by up to 25 percent after a workout session. Ginger is very ideal for athletes and body builders because it greatly contributes to the body’s ability to supply oxygen and nutrients to the muscles when needed most.
Federal contracts are a very lucrative business. However, learning how to acquire projects takes time, effort and investment. Proposal writing for government contracts is by no means a simple process. However, if you attempt to respond to the agency’s Request for Proposal (RFP), you will have to bring more to the table than just having a good technical writer. The reality is that the “status quo” no longer gets the win. You have to do more than the basic RFP requirements.
Agencies are now leaning towards trade-offs to justify their best value determinations. Lowest price does not necessarily get the award. As former government contracting officials and members of source selection teams, we have actually reviewed eloquent proposals and perfected efforts by technical writers – we know firsthand that only the proposals that have substance and give the government added value and what source-selection officials want to know actually win the contract. The agency wants to feel like it is getting a good deal – not just reviewing bids with the basic solicitation criteria.
Reasons Why Government Proposals Fail: The first thing to consider when responding to a multi-million dollar offer is whether you have the budget to do what it takes to win. Successful companies spend anywhere from $13K to $20K for proposal writing services for a contract valued anywhere from $1M-5M. Never just cut and paste old proposals for an upcoming project. Agencies spot templated responses from a mile away and automatically put your package proposal to the bottom of the pile.
When responding to a government Request for Proposal, we have found that the following summarizes why proposal fail.
1. The response is not specific and to the point. Government RFP preparation requires the bidder to articulate the key areas to the solicitation. Never try to write a book and expect the agency to understand what you are trying to say. Proposal writers must be very specific and to the point.
2. Too much focus on “we can do the work” instead of “how we are going to do the work.” When grading proposals, the government places a significant emphasis and weight on the bidder’s technical approach. You have to spell out HOW you actually perform each phase of the Statement of Work. Summarizing will not help you.
3. No emphasis on your risk management and quality assurance. One of the fatal mistakes in government contract proposal writing is that bidders miserably fail to address and highlight their risk management and quality assurance. The government is not going to award a contract worth millions and never pay attention to the risk involved. Each proposal writer that understands government contracting must include risk management into the response to the solicitation. If you don’t, then your competition certainly will.
4. Failure to understand best value considerations. In federal contracts, price alone is not the criteria for award and neither is past performance. Sometimes, agencies will consider a price/ past performance trade-off when considering awards. However, effective proposal writing includes more than just these factors. Congress has suggested that taxpayers’ money should get the “best bang”. Since the government generally buys commercial services and products, bidding on government contracts should incorporate factors commonly used in the commercial industry. This includes warranties, discounts for volume, accelerated schedules etc. At Watson & Associates, our success stems from the ability to help you to see the big picture in federal procurement and educate the agency when writing government proposals.
5. Relying too heavily on teaming partners and subcontractors. Failure to understand that teaming rule can be the kiss of death in government proposal writing. Many companies that offer proposal writing services do not understand how to avoid this commonly-made mistake. Although FAR 9.6 allows for teaming and subcontracting, there are also limitations on subcontracting. When proposing a subcontractor or teaming partner, you have to understand the legal limitations. Failure to correctly propose your team can subject you to a bid protest based upon affiliation. Bidding on government contracts means that the prime contractor (you) must perform the required percentage of labor costs and not pass through the critical aspects of the project. This is yet another reason why our experience as bid protest and government contract attorneys adds value to our proposal writing services.
Cosmetic dentistry is a combination of different procedures dedicated to enhance a person’s overall appearance to create a beautiful smile. Before you visit your dentist to discuss cosmetic dental treatment there are some things you should understand. Here are 7 facts you should know about cosmetic dentistry to help you when you are ready to undergo such dental treatment.
1. Cosmetic dentistry provides a broad variety of dental services to fit your needs and budget. This dental practice is divided into several major groups of procedures. Whitening processes will whiten your discolored and darkened teeth; dental veneers involve altering the appearance of your teeth; bonding means applying a layer to your tooth to address gaps, small chips and slight damage on your tooth structure.
2. Tooth whitening process is the most common type of cosmetic dentistry and includes laser tooth whitening, whitening gel and other whitening products which you can either obtain over-the-counter (whitening strips, pens, toothpaste) or through a dentist for a stronger whitening solution and for immediate results.
3. Crowns and bridges. Crowns or synthetic caps are used to re-establish a tooth after a procedure that restores it such as root canal. When a large portion of a tooth has been removed due to advanced tooth decay, crowns are often used. They are also used as cover-up for dental implants, attachments for bridges, prevention of a cracked tooth from becoming worse, and restoration of discolored or stained tooth.
4. Veneers may be the best option if you want to own a super attractive smile. Dental veneers are thin, porcelain, total covering for your teeth. Cracked and crooked teeth, discoloration, stains and even tooth gaps are problems no more with veneers. A porcelain veneer successfully conceals front teeth defects when the thin shell is pasted to the surface.
5. Dental bonding is a cheaper alternate to veneers. This procedure is utilized to repair minor dental flaws and is done by gluing a composite resin to the tooth which is shaped and hardened to cover up cracks and other physical imperfections in your teeth, including gaps.
6. Orthodontics is a procedure that can be grouped under cosmetic dentistry. This is used in combination with any of the major groups of cosmetic dental processes. This is done initially to properly position and align the teeth. Wires attached to brackets which are attached to your teeth are used to draw the teeth into position.
7. For permanent tooth replacement, a dentist uses dental implants and the procedure is done by surgically placing a small titanium screw into the jawbone. After this procedure, a crown is fitted.
These are the 7 facts you should know about cosmetic dentistry. It really doesn’t matter how long it’s been since your last visit to your dentist because cosmetic dentistry can create makeovers even with the most difficult of dental imperfections. An appointment with your dentist will help you decide on the most suitable procedure for you to improve your smile.
If you are looking for good bar b que catering which you can be happy with, you should begin by asking around. Talk to friends, family and associates for their advice concerning which caterer would be good for the job. Also, do research online. The Internet is a great place to gather information about a caterer as you have the opportunity to read reviews about them right then and there.
Once you find some caterers which you are interested in, it is important that you remember that you are looking for BBQ catering. In other words, if what you want is BBQ food, then you shouldn’t be looking into fine Italian caterers, for example. So stick to caterers that offer the kind of food you are interested in having at your event, or even caterers who have the ability to customize the menu based on your particular needs. You should be able to taste the food before hiring them, so arrange to attend a tasting or even a different even which they will be catering for to get a feel on their food and service.
As soon as you have a narrowed down lists of caterers that will do BBQ catering for your event, you should then begin talking about the financial end of the whole matter. Start talking prices and what it will cost you. You are going to need to provide a number of people you expect to attend for this step of the process. Once a price has been discussed, then you can make a better decision as to which caterer will work out best for you and your needs as well as the even you are planning.
The last step is to talk to a caterer about BBQ catering well in advance of your event date so as to be able to book them for your event. If you are in Dallas, check out the best Dallas BBQ catering at Soulmans.
The best caterers are always booked well in advance, since people are always looking for the best caterers in order to pull off a great event. So it is recommended that as soon as you have a date set for the event which you are planning to immediately get on the search for a good caterer that is going to provide excellent BBQ food. This way, you will have one of the most important steps of your event planning out of the way. And the most important part of any event is the food which will be served there.
Dog care is so important to a healthy dog that it is worth working through this advice. Whether preparing the home for the dog, organizing a routine or dog training, dog grooming or dog walking, you will find advice here. The dog care is similar to human care.
The care of our pooch is so important that one will research on the web, speak to dog professionals and even discuss with your pooch. Dog care is very similar to the care we give our children. With correct care they will give ten or more years of pleasure. As in our health, the early periods of life are crucial. The professionals who can give help include vets, dog trainers and dog walkers.
Dog care should start before you bring him home. You need to prepare the entire family for the pooches arrival. A new arrival can put the nose out of joint of people and animals. You also need to puppy proof your house. To do this well, is to put you in his mind set, crawl around the house, look for where he can fall, that can trap or poison him. If your pooch has health problems, even with the best canine care, it can happen and can be very expensive. So consider purchasing pet insurance.
Another important decision is to choose whether your loved one should be neutered. Most canine professionals advise this, quoting research that neutering leads to longer life and less behavioral problems. In the current credit crisis there are too many dogs in rescue homes. It might be also worth considering choosing your pet from one of these charities.
If your pooch will be near children consider their safety, with twenty percent of the four and a half million people bitten by dogs needing medical attention. To improve the dog safety ensure that your dog has good training, that the pooch has plenty of exercise. If you cannot give the pooch enough exercise consider using a professional dog walker, who will normally help you with the obedience training and dog care as well.To help your puppy, set up a plan for puppy socialization so he will be able to deal well with humans and other animals. Similar to us humans, dog care requires vaccinations, so choose a vet and get the injections done for your canine friend.
He will need a place to rest and sleep. The use of a crate or cage is often a good investment to give him a safe place to rest. To give good care you will need brushes, collars, leads, beds and blankets. For good dog care, set up a good regular routine. Include some dog training, starting simple obedience training, just 10 minutes a day of say clicker training is enough. Feed your canine at regular times and with a variety of foods. Similar to you avoid too many treats, apart from as part of dog training. Never feed at the table, it is difficult to stop afterwords. In the routine, ensure exercise for him, dogs originally walked long distances and most can walk for more than ten miles a day. To keep him healthy you need him to be exercised enough, depending on the breed one to two hours a day is needed. This regular dog walking often reduces problems such as separation anxiety.
Dog grooming is also important for your pooches care. Wild animals can groom and wash themselves. Ensure that you program this time in, it is not a chore, but a pleasure where you can have some quality time together. Many people think that dog bathing is required. There are those who say it should be frequent and those who only do it when they get dirty. The right frequency depends on the breed and hair type and length and their lifestyle. I favor longer periods where the skin is protected by their essential oils that shampoos can wash out. So in summary dog care is key to having a wonderful relationship with your dog, so plan it and spend time on it, With it you both will have fun together.
Often, parents goes out of their way to ensure that their child falls within the catchment area for a prestigious school, even if this means spending more money on housing than they would otherwise prefer.
Why are parents so obsessed with finding the best schools in their areas for their students? When dealing with families who cannot afford to pay for private education, one of the biggest motivating factors in their search for academic excellence near their homes is making sure that their children have the best education possible, thereby setting their offspring up for success in university applications and career ambitions. Some parents regard getting their children into the best school in their area as the only way to make sure their child grows up in a position to achieve and earn all the things they want from life.
Parents’ obsession with finding the best schools for their children leads to some complications, primarily because it is so difficult to assess what really makes one school better than another. Is it the grades that the students earn, and if so is that an indication of high quality teaching? Are the socio-economic demographics of a school the most transparent way of assessing the level of success which will be enjoyed by each student upon graduation? How about graduation rates themselves, or the percentage of children at a school who go on to attend and graduate institutes of higher education?
Still other parents argue that the most important factor in choosing the best school in their area is the personal attention their children receive from teaching staff and other members of the school’s administration. Students, especially those for whom academic success does not come naturally, often need personal attention in order to excel, and one way to ensure this is to find schools where small class sizes are the norm. The conflict for many parents without extensive financial means is that these schools are often located in wealthy suburbs, and it can be difficult to afford homes in those areas – particularly for parents whose own academic career was not full of the same advantages they wish their children to have, and who work for low salaries as a result.
What many parents don’t realize is that almost any school can be an excellent learning environment for their children and their children’s classmates, provided the parents of all the students are willing and able to get involved in the educational system. Teachers can put as much time and effort as possible into a day at school, but if parents fail to reinforce lessons about respect and responsibility at home, then their children’s success will eventually hit a glass ceiling.
To make the most of any school experience, parents should support their children and teachers as the students navigate the sometimes crushing responsibilities and efforts required to achieve a first-rate education without paying top tier school fees at a private institution.
In light of recent Wall Street scandals, many investors are taking a closer look at who is actually managing their money and what investment methodology they are following. Investors are taking the time to do their due-diligence and are becoming more educated on selecting the best financial advisor.
In my travels and meetings with clients, I continue to hear the same vein of questions. How do I select the best wealth manager? How do I select the best investment management company? Are there FAQ’s on selecting the best financial advisor that I can read? Are “Registered Representatives” fiduciaries? What is a Registered Investment Advisor? What is the difference between a Registered Representative and a Registered Investment Advisor? With such great questions, I wanted to take the time to answer these questions and address this fundamental topic of helping investors select the best financial advisor or wealth manager.
Question #1. How do I know if my Financial Advisor has a Fiduciary Responsibility? Only a small percentage of financial advisors are Registered Investment Advisors (RIA). Federal and state law requires that RIAs are held to a fiduciary standard. Most so called “financial advisors” are considered broker-dealers and are held to a lower standard of diligence on behalf of their clients. One of the best ways to judge if your financial advisor is held to a Fiduciary standard is to find out how he or she is compensated.
Here are the 3 most common compensation structures in the financial industry: Fee-Only Compensation This model minimizes conflicts of interest. A Fee-Only financial advisor charges clients directly for his or her advice and/or ongoing management. No other financial reward is provided, directly or indirectly, by any other institution. Fee-Only financial advisors are selling only one thing: their knowledge. Some advisors charge an hourly rate, and others charge a flat fee or an annual retainer. Some charge an annual percentage, based on the assets they manage for you.
Fee-Based Compensation This popular form of compensation is often confused with Fee-Only, but it is very different. Fee-Based advisors earn some of their compensation from fees paid by their client. But they may also receive compensation in the form of commissions or discounts from financial products they are licensed to sell. Furthermore, they are not required to inform their clients in detail how their compensation is accrued. The Fee-Based model creates many potential conflicts of interest, because the advisor’s income is affected by the financial products that the client selects. Commissions An advisor who is compensated solely through commissions faces immense conflicts of interest. This type of advisor is not paid unless a client buys (or sells) a financial product. A commission-based advisor earns money on each transaction-and thus has a great incentive to encourage transactions that might not be in the interest of the client. Indeed, many commission-based advisors are well-trained and well-intentioned. But the inherent potential conflict is great.
Bottom Line. Ask your Financial Advisor how they are compensated.
Question #2: What does Fiduciary mean in relation to a Financial Advisor or Wealth Manager? fi•du•ci•ar•y – A Financial Advisor held to a Fiduciary Standard occupies a position of special trust and confidence when working with a client. As a fiduciary, the Financial Advisor is required by law to act in the best interest of their client. This includes disclosure of how they are to be compensated and any corresponding conflicts of interest.
Question# 3: Who is a Fiduciary? Fiduciary responsibility does not arise only in the financial services industry. Professionals in other fields also are also legally required to work in your best interest. Who is a Fiduciary? Physician – Yes, follows the Hippocratic Oath Lawyer – Yes Stock Broker – No Insurance Agent – No Registered Representative – No Registered Investment Advisor – Yes CFP Practitioner – Maybe** Financial Planner – Maybe**
**Advisors who are affiliated with a broker-dealer firm are most likely not fiduciaries. If the client signs an NASD binding arbitration agreement (which is required by almost every broker-dealer firm), then the firm’s advisors would not be held to a Fiduciary Standard by the North American Securities Dealers. CFP Practitioners and Financial Planners will be held to a Fiduciary Standard if they are also Registered Investment Advisors (RIA) or associated with an RIA firm. Be sure and ask!
Because broker-dealers are not necessarily acting in your best interest, the SEC requires them to add the following disclosure to your client agreement. Read this disclosure, and decide if this is the type of relationship you want to dictate your financial security: “Your account is a brokerage account and not an advisory account. Our interests may not always be the same as yours. Please ask us questions to make sure you understand your rights and our obligations to you, including the extent of our obligations to disclose conflicts of interest and to act in your best interest. We are paid both by you and, sometimes, by people who compensate us based on what you buy. Therefore, our profits, and our salespersons’ compensation, may vary by product and over time.”
Bottom Line. If this disclaimer appears in the agreements you are signing, you need to question your advisor. Obtain complete disclosure about how he or she is compensated, and where his or her loyalties lie. Then decide if the relationship is in your best interest.